In order to create a new collection for your store first navigate to the collection listings page and click the "+ New Collection" button at the top of the page.
From here you will be presented with the form for creating a new collection.
The form is grouped into sections with non-required sections collapsed.
The first section is the collection name, tags and logo.
- Name - The main identifier for your collection. Name will be shown on the collection page and on the associated product pages and listings - depending on your theme/configuration.
The rules section is where we choose which products to show on this page, instead of individually selecting products we apply rules to filter our stores products.
Start by clicking the "+ add rule" button this will display the fields available for you to start to filter your products;
There's a number of different rule types available each with their own options
- Limit to tags
- Tag - Allows you to select tags to include in the Collection
- Limit to manufacturers
- Manufacturers - Allows you to select manufacturers to include in the Collection
- Be within a given price range
- From - Allows you to set the lower price threshold to include in the Collection
- To - Allows you to set the upper price threshold to include in the Collection
- Be within a given price status
- Reduce - Allows you to include either reduced or full price items in the Collection
- Be published within a given timeframe
- Published within - Allows you to include select either a date range or the number of days since an item was published
- Number of Days - Available when 'Days' is selected - items published within this number of days will be included in the Collection
- From - Available when 'Range' is selected - items published within this date range will be included in the Collection
- To - Available when 'Range' is selected - items published within this date range will be included in the Collection
Listing Page Content
The content entered here will be used to populate certain content areas depending on your theme/configuration.
- Summary - Enter a shorter summary of your collection
- Description - Enter a detailed description of your collection
- Images - Optional - Either drag your collection image file(s) into the box or click to browse files. The images section is broken down into 3 sections allowing you to provide different sized images for different screen sizes.
Both Summary and Description provide the following inputs for controlling the content and layout;
- Bold - Embolden selected text
- Italic - Italicise selected text
- Format - Select from a range of standard formats.
- Lists - Select bulletted or numbered lists, and change indent level.
- Table - Insert and control a table (supports all standard table operations).
- Link - Link or unlink - When you add a link you can choose to open in new tab - useful if the link points away from your storefront.
- Image - Add an image by drag and drop or file selection.
- Font - Choose from existing fonts or remove a font.
- Size - Choose from existing font sizes or remove a font size.
- Text Colour - Choose text or highlight colour to apply - select none to remove text or highlight colour that has already been applied.
- Properties - Allows you set CSS Class and ID properties - this is advanced functionality for those comfortable working with CSS.
- Main text area - This is where you enter you collection description - the detailed collection text that your customers will see.
Listing Page Options
This section allows you to control the products shown on this page by applying various filters;
- Hide categries - Select this to hide categories from your filters list
- Hide filters - Select this to hide categories from your filters list
- Applicable & available filters - Drag filters from available filters to applicable filters to add them to your collection page
- Show per page - Enter the number of listings to show on this collection page
- Sort by - Select the 'sort by' options that will be displayed on this collection page
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The SEO section is where you manage the content used by search engines to index your store.
SEO is an important aspect when it comes to customers finding your store when searching for products you're selling.
The SEO section has a number of fields for you to complete;
- Heading - this is the collection name and will be the main heading in most themes.
- Page title - used by search engines as the title of this page.
- Meta description - combined with the page title and displayed as the search engine listing description.
- Canonical - used to determine relationships when multiple pages share duplicate content
- No index - checking this box will direct search engines to not index this page.
The additional attributes section is used to provide custom fields, these may have been set up by your agency and used to display additional information about your product.
Additional attributes are useful if Aero does not contain a certain attribute that you require, e.g. for integration with an ePos system.