Please see how do I create a product in the admin? In order to set up the basic product information.
After the product type has been selected and product information completed the next part of the data is pricing.
The pricing section is where you enter all of the information related to the pricing of your product;
- Price - this is the normal price the customer will pay for the item.
- Reduced price - this is the sale price of the item.
- RRP - this is the recommended retail price.
- Cost price - this is the cost of the item to your business.
- Tax group - this allows you to choose which tax group this price applies to.
The inventory section is where you add all of the information regarding your stock of this particular product;
- Model / SKU - this is a unique identifier for this product.
- Barcode - while optional the barcode is often used by third party applications such as Google Shopping.
- Reference - while optional the reference field can be used to provide data to an EPOS or other system.
- Track this products stock level - this is selected by default but you can choose to not track stock if you are using drop shipping for example.
- Stock level - this is used to enter the quantity in stock of the product you're creating. (Aero will automatically deduct stock when an item is sold.)
- Min purchase quantity - allows you to set a minimum quantity for ordering this product.
- Max purchase quantity - allows you to limit the quantity when ordering this product.
- Multiples of - allows you to restrict the purchase of this product to a certain multiple, for example only allowing wine to be bought as a case of 6.
- Stock buffer - allows you to set the number of items in stock before the website will list the item as out of stock, this is mainly used for when selling via third party integrations as well as your Aero store.
- Allow customers to purchase this product when out of stock - Ticking this box will allow customers to purchase this item even when none are in-stock, this is particularly useful for drop shipping.
The shipping section is where you add all of the information regarding the shipping of the product;
- This is a physical product and requires shipping - this checkbox is selected by default however if you're selling a digital product that does not require shipping this box should be unticked.
- Weight - the weight field is used to calculate the shipping cost of the item.
- Harmonized system code - These codes are a standardized numerical method of classifying traded products. It is used by customs authorities around the world to identify products when assessing duties and taxes and for gathering statistics.
- Country of origin - this is the country from which the item will be shipped and used to calculate shipping costs.
The images section is where you manage the images associated with this product.
Although product images are optional we strongly recommend adding at least a few high quality images to each product as this helps towards increasing conversion from your customers.
You can upload images by clicking the button or dragging your images onto the box in the page.
Once your images have uploaded you can hover over the image to see the options available on the image;
- Alt - clicking the alt text button will present you with a text field to put in some alt text for this image. Alt text is used by screen readers in order to provide a description to disabled users.
- Delete - clicking on the bin icon will remove the image from the product.
Images can be re-ordered by dragging them into the order you want to display them to the customer.
Status & Visibility
The status & visibility section is where you manage everything to do with how and when your product is visible, published and purchasable by your customers. The options in this section are;
- This product is active - checking this box will cause the product to not appear on the storefront and cannot be purchased.
- This product is visible - checking this box will cause the product to not appear on the storefront but customers will still be able to purchase.
- Hide when out of stock - checking this box will cause the product to not appear on the storefront and cannot be purchased when the stock level reaches zero.
- This product can be purchased - checking this box will cause the product to not be purchasable, but will still appear on the storefront.
- Hide from listings pages and search results - checking this box will not show this product on the storefront and in search results but can be accessed directly using the url.
- Published Timestamp - this field allows you to change when the product was or will be published (if a date and time in the future are set). If left blank the published timestamp will be automatically filled in with the time the product was created.
Description & Summary
The Description & summary section is where you can add both a long and short description for your product. Where these are shown to your customer will depend on the theme your store is using.
Writing your own description and summary is important for SEO and increasing conversions.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The SEO section is where you manage the content used by search engines to index your store.
SEO is an important aspect when it comes to customers finding your store when searching for products you're selling.
The SEO section has a number of fields for you to complete;
- Heading - this is the product name and will be the main heading in most themes.
- Page title - used by search engines as the title of this page.
- Meta description - combined with the page title and displayed as the search engine listing description.
- Canonical - used to determine relationships when multiple pages share duplicate content
- No index - checking this box will direct search engines to not index this page.
The additional attributes section is used to provide custom fields, these may have been set up by your agency and used to display additional information about your product.
Additional attributes are useful if Aero does not contain a certain attribute that you require, e.g. for integration with an ePos system.